I’m always up for trying something new and delicious. This time, I tried cheesy pesto pull apart bread! It’s an inexpensive meal that feeds many and can last for about a week with some warming up in the oven. All you need are four simple ingredients: butter, pesto, shredded mozzarella cheese and a baguette. Keep reading below to find out how to get this on your kitchen table:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the baguette on a cutting board and begin making 1″ diagonal slices. Be sure not to slice through the bread as we want the bottom crust to stay in tact. Next, create diagonal slices on the opposite side. It should create small X’s in the bread.
- Take 2 – 3/4 cup of melted butter and pour generously in between the slices of the bread.
- Use a spoon to begin spreading pesto into the slices of the bread. Be as generous as desired.
- Now, it’s time to get cheesy. Stuff the bread with cheese in each of the slices. Sprinkle cheese on the top of the bread for even more deliciousness!
- Wrap the bread in aluminum foil and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove foil from the top, and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Let cool, then enjoy!
This has been one of my favorite Pinterest-found meals to recreate. It lasted me for a week and paired well with pastas and baked chicken entrees. The preparation can become messy, however each step is readily edible and easily cleaned up. Overall, it costs about $12-15 to make which is well worth it for taste and amount of food.
What’s your favorite Pinterest meal? Let me know in the comments below!