Although I love the looks and aesthetics of a beat face, I have to admit that I just can’t do it. I’ve watched millions of Jackie Aina and Patricia Bright videos and pinned looks to my Pinterest boards, but when it comes to real life, I stick to the same look every time. For me, I like to keep a natural look with lots of nudes, great brows and a touch of gloss or lipstick depending on where I’m going. I also have super oily skin and a tendency to touch my face (bad habit, I know), so my goal is to keep my make-up routine to a minimum while still feeling and looking good. Keep reading to find out some of my favorite products for a natural, everyday routine:
- Neutrogena Visibly Even: This moisturizer has been with me for almost two years! Having oily skin makes it hard for me to find something that will protect my skin from the sun while also dealing with any dark spots. Luckily, this product does both while being oil-free and lightweight. It even works well underneath my foundation.
- BECCA Ultimate Coverage: VoxBox sent me this product in May and I’ve been using it all summer. The BECCA Ultimate Coverage foundation works in just one pump to provide a full coverage, smooth and lightweight look. I can use it with or without primer for lasting power. After a 10 hour day, my face kept a matte look – no shiny forehead in this heat!
- MILK Luminous Shine: Highlighting is still on trend, but I don’t want to look illuminated. The MILK Luminous Shine product allows me full control over where and how much I want to glow. The shine stick can also be used as a primer before applying foundation or even by itself. I typically apply the product right above my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose.
- Benefit They’re Real and Too Faced Better Than Sex: These two mascaras, both together and apart, give my lashes volume, length and thickness. When I want the fuller look, I always go with Too Faced. For more length and subtleness, Benefit does the trick!
- NYX Butter Lipgloss: NYX butter glosses are inexpensive and have so much variety. Although I have more color in my makeup bag, I keep coming back to the nude gloss which gives the perfect hint of color to pull a natural look together.
- BECCA First Light Priming Filter: This primer is intended to pair with the BECCA Ultimate Coverage foundation. I use this primer when I know I’ll be outside for a long period of time. The primer keeps my makeup secure and prevents too much shine.
- NYX Eye Pencil: I still want my eyes to pop, even with glasses. The NYX eye pencil gives me full control whenever I line by bottom lids for some extra umph.
- Make Me Brow and Essence Brow Pencil: An eyebrow brush and pencil makes it even easier to define my brows. I simply outline my brow with the pencil and fill in any areas with Make Me Brow. I smooth out any harshness with a brow spoolie.